Subject: Re: Merger
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Tasuki Hirata <sukes@Glue.umd.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/30/1994 12:42:00
"Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@alpha.bostic.com> said:

>>Somebody else said:
>>heh, i don't think any kind of merger would work between stallman and the alice
>>group as RMS hates macs

> Actually, that's one of the things that i wonder about: what does RMS
> think of linux being ported to apple hardware.

> After all, we can't even get support into gcc 2.6 for
> netbsd-m68k-mac68k...  surely he can't be happy about Linux being
> ported to the Apple boxes.

> But then, i guess linux isn't his toy to take home, either...  8-)

I don't understand.  What does RMS have to do with Linux?  Just
because Linux is being distributed under GNU General Public License
doesn't mean Linux = FSF.  Far as I know, RMS is not even involved
with Linux.  (Hence a debate over validity/stupidity of "Linux, the
Choice of a GNU Generation.")  Though, if GNU Hurd was being ported
over to Apple boxes, I don't think RMS would be pleased.

suki

--
|  suki               |    "Hell, if you understand everything I say,    |
|  Tasuki Hirata      |         you'd be me."  --  Miles Davis           |