Subject: Re: Merger
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brian Kendig <bskendig@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/29/1994 20:04:55
>I can't speak for the Alice people, but this would be seriously
>frowned upon.  Linux is covered by the license terms of the GNU
>General Public License, and the people working on NetBSD do not
>allow that license anywhere _near_ our kernel code.
>In short, it has the potential to become a legal nightmare, and that's
>the last thing we need.

What's wrong with the GNU license?  Maybe I'm just naive, but I thought
it was a *good* thing?  Or do the NetBSD people hope to make their code
commercial someday, or do they not plan to make all of the source public?

--
_/_/_/  Brian Kendig                              Je ne suis fait comme aucun
/_/_/  bskendig@netcom.com                 de ceux que j'ai vus; j'ose croire