Subject: Re: Merger
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
From: Allen `Tell me three times' Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/29/1994 19:56:10
> I can't speak for the Alice people, but this would be seriously
> frowned upon.  Linux is covered by the license terms of the GNU
> General Public License, and the people working on NetBSD do not
> allow that license anywhere _near_ our kernel code.

They're welcome to use any of our work.  I would encourage them, of
course, to put their work under the same kind of copyright we use.

The point is moot, though, since they haven't bothered to talk to us
at all.  I imagine that they're having a "good time" with the PowerPC
architecture...  I've looked at the PowerPC reference manual from
Motorola in some detail and I doubt that it has been or will be very
clear sailing for them.

For these first PPC Macs, they could probably benefit from our work
some, but the PCI machines will probably be a very different story.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
 "We'll call you when you're 6 years old and drag you to the factory to drain
  your brain for 18 years with promise of security, but then you're free
  and 40 years you waste to chase the dollar sign so you may die in Florida"