Subject: Re: cray-ymp Down?
To: Paul D. Jaffray <pjaffray@orange.digex.net>
From: Allen `Tell me three times' Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/19/1994 19:32:04
> Is it just me, or is cray-ymp current down?  I have been looking forward to
> grabbing the 1.0 files as soon as they are available.

Yes.  cray-ymp is a 486 running NetBSD 0.9.  We're going to upgrade it
as soon as the 1.0 disks are available from the NetBSD/i386 effort.
It's not very accessible and is used by a lot of people, so we didn't
want to try to keep up with current.  The ethernet drivers for the
ne2000-clone card (which is what we're using) are much improved...

Hopefully 1.0 will be a much more stable platform for us...  We'll
see...  FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 boot disks hang on the friggin' DTC SCSI
controller :-(

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
 "We'll call you when you're 6 years old and drag to the factory to drain
  your brain for 18 years with promise of security, but then you're free
  and 40 years you waste to chase the dollar sign so you may die in Florida"