Subject: beginner's programming software
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Lisa Leone <ll2m+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/18/1994 13:56:37
I am not sure that this is the proper place to post this, but it seems
as good a candidate as any.

I am a professional writing student and finally have my own computer (A
Q660av 16/500/CD). I want to learn how to do hacks and various
programming both for my own use and as a prelude to writing for software
companies. I am intelligent, and a fast learner. That said, here's my
question:

Can anyone recommend Mac programming materials for a "beginner" (i.e.,
someone who has piddled around with Hypercard and resedit but doesn't
really know the ins and outs)?

I get the impression that Think C or Symantec C++ (did I switch the
names again?) would be okay since they do come with loads of
documentation. I would also be interested in some *good* books on the
subject.

Flames and suggestions are equally welcomed :)
Thanks in advance for any help.

Lisa A. Leone
Master of Arts in Professional Writing
Graduate Assistant, Software Engineering Institute
Carnegie Mellon University