Subject: Re: your mail
To: mike j. laporte <mlaporte@free.org>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/15/1994 09:22:23
> has anyone gotten a mmu failure on the new kernel? I'm using the 1.0 alpha's
> and latest kernel and since I upgraded the kernel I'm getting a MMU failure
> on a reboot/shutdown

The kernel you are running probably has Lawrence's latest modifications,
which means that the system is running fully memory mapped, and we are
probably calling routines in the ROMs directly to shut the machine down.
If the ROMs aren't mapped, you'd get the problem you saw above, but I
think that problem has been solved in the main source tree (which means
it's been fixed but the source may not be available yet).

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@netcom.com >+------+< Happily slaved to NetBSD/Mac68k!
MacBSD : II, IIx, IIcx, IIci, SE/30, IIsi, IIvx -- The list is growing...