Subject: Screen Speed?
To: macbsd-general <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Peter Siebold <psiebold@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/10/1994 23:45:56
	I've just helped a freind set up Linux on his 486 box, and noticed that
the screen redraws are awfully fast.  Is the 486's video that much faster
than the macs, or is the Linux's kernel optimized for such fast screen
performance?
	Once some of the major problems get taken care of, (adb, ncrscsi,
X) will there be any work on making MacBSD's display faster, or are we
getting the best performace out of it now?  Would getting accelerated
video cards help out any?
	On a second note, I would just like to thank the entire Alice
team for makeing such a wonderful package available for the Mac
community.  Keep up the good work!!

Pete

---
Peter Siebold     psiebold@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu    ___|___
When you soar among the birds WHAT do you feel?       o/ \o