Subject: Thanks for answers
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Paul D. Jaffray <pjaffray@orange.digex.net>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/10/1994 19:53:34
Thanks to those who helped me with the fstab and r/w file system.  I was
able to successfully mount the file system as r/w.  I still have some other
problems though.  I never got anywhere with the 0731 kernel.  When I try
and boot with it, all I get is a message about preserving symbol table and
then it hangs.  With the 0711 kernel I can at least get booted to single
user mode, mount the file system as r/w then control-D to multi user.  At
this point only once was I able to type anything at the login: prompt.  It
promptly died after that.  It more often dies at the login: prompt, I can't
type anything.

I think that I will have to re-install as my /etc/rc file now seems to have
been stepped on somehow.  When will the 1.0 files be ready ;-)?

pdj

Paul Jaffray
pjaffray@orange.digex.net