Subject: New HFS (yet again)
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Lawrence Kesteloot <lkestel@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/07/1994 21:54:04
I've uploaded:

  cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu:/pub/NetBSD_Mac/for_testing/hfs.tar.gz

This is a program that lets you read and copy HFS files from MacBSD.
It's embarrassing how many bugs I've found in this program,
especially since all of them were in this one 20-line section of
code.  Changes include handling of allocation block sizes that
aren't powers of two and doing the extents sort properly.  (When
sorting this one structure, they consider 0xFF > 0x00 for part of
it and 0xFF < 0x00 for another part.)

Since I'm still not sure if this program works properly in all cases,
make sure that whatever file you copy in is gzipped and that it gunzips
properly.  (Or do your own checksum of some kind.)

Lawrence