Subject: booting trouble
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jeremy Alan Green <jag@tiac.net>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/07/1994 14:33:29
I seem to be having some trouble booting.  I just switched drives.  I'm not
using a 500 meg Maxtor drive to run macBSD on instead of my 200 meg drive.
It gets this far:

  targ 0 lun 0: <QUANTUM PD210S         527_>  scsi2 direct fixed
sd0 at scsibus0: 199 mb, 1156 cyl, 7 head, 50 sec, 512 bytes/sec
  targ 1 lun 0: <MAXTOR MXT-540SL  J1.5> scsi2 direct fixed
sd1 at scsibus0: 521 mb, 2234 cyl, 7 head, 68 sec, 512 bytes/sec

audio at mainbus not configured
floppy at mainbus not configured
changing root device to sd1a.
Swapping 409 and 401.
Swapdev = 409, dumpdev=ffffffff.

It freezes after that.  The activity light for the 200 meg drive flickers,
before it freezes.  Any clue?  Should I just try to reinstall?  It used to
work on the 200 meg drive.
I have a mac IIcx with 8 megs of memory and mode32.

                        -Jeremy

                      Jeremy Alan Green
             jag@tiac.net    jag@world.std.com
            meyer@acs.bu.edu   meyer@csa.bu.edu