Subject: Re: New si/ci kernel
To: Bharat S. Jhaveri <bjhaveri@Arco.COM>
From: None <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/03/1994 09:28:53

>You would also need the include files that Lawrence used to build his
>kernel, if they are not the same as in src/sys/arch/mac68k/include (which
>they likely are not).  If you're rebuilding libkvm, you might want to
>try the mac68k includes from sun-lamp.  I think that ps is not statically
>linked -- if not, it shouldn't have to be rebuilt.
>
>~Steve

Now I remember. I had tried to build the entire lib from the lib.tar.gz
dist from sun-lamp. And during libkvm build stage, I had problems. I got
error messages from the assembler during the final stages of the
compilation. It makes sense now based on what you said. The include files
in src/sys/arch/mac68k/include were not even compatible with the required
include files for libkvm source.

If someone has a ps binary that works with the new kernel, it will be nice
to have. Actually procps does work for the time being.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely:
Bharat S. Jhaveri
bjhaveri@arco.com