Subject: netbsd-072194 problem
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Bow-Yaw Wang <bywang@sm.iis.sinica.edu.tw>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/03/1994 08:42:30
Hi,

I tried to upgrade to the newest kernel netbsd-073194 but failed.
I can't even see the NetBSD_Mac copyright message. After I choose
Boot..., there are some numbers on the application window. After
it shows a message, it hangs. :-( I can see the R/W lights on my
hard disks flashing once. That's all. It doesn't clear the screen.

The old kernel in BETA-1 release works fine. I tried netbsd-071194 too.
I can enter single user mode without problems. But when I press
some ENTERs so that the screen needs to scroll up. It generates
line-feed and I can't stop it.

Since I hear that you would release the next version in the near
future, I hope this could be helpful for you.

My system configuration is:
SE/30 20/40 with MicroXeed 24-bit video card and two external hard disks.
MacBSD is installed in one of the external hard disks.

Bow-Yaw

 Mathematicians are like Frenchmen: | Bow-Yaw Wang
 whatever  you  say  to  them  they | Institute of Information Science
 translate into their own  language | Academia Sinica
 and   forthwith  it  is  something | Taipei, Taiwan
 entirely different...       Goethe | Internet: bywang@iis.sinica.edu.tw