Subject: Bizzare (Was Upgrade woas)
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Edward Wolpert <wolpert@neon.chem.utk.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/02/1994 21:01:28
Netters-
	My attempt to upgrade my alpha to beta(1) has gone truely bizzare...
I stopped rc from sttyflags -a to allow it to come up.  I still get line
feeds after a few minutes, and they don't stop.  Before the LF's hit, I can't
see what I type, and the computer's own text has no linefeeds either, until the
end of the screen.  Plus, the main con1 became con3.  (I logged in as root,
and the screen said root logged in to con2, although the title shown con3.)
Most weird.  I had a suggestion to remove cons from the /dev and /etc/ttys
(At least, multiple cons)  but if I can't have slip, I may just go back to
alpha.  Question is, has anyone else seen line feed hell as well?  Will 1.0
fix this?  Thanks for the info...
		Virtually,
		Edward Wolpert

wolpert@utk.edu            | System Administrator       | "No, sorry, there's
wolpert@osti.rmt.utk.edu   | Systems Programmer         |  nothing to be
pa153568@utkvm1.utk.edu	   | Graduate Chemistry Student |  done about it."
I'm  sorry, but Godot isn't here today. Perhaps if you came back tomorrow...
 home page