Subject: Re: Couple of Questions...
To: None <>
From: Chris Jones <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/02/1994 10:06:33
>> Does the FPU emulation code work?  (I don't have an FPU.)
>No.  It won't boot on your machine.  We're considering making a version
>of the kernel and binaries that doesn't require an FPU, but we'd much
>rather have FPU emulation in the kernel.  Unfortunately, we haven't
>found any free code that does this.  Does anyone have any ideas?

	Someone's probably already suggested this, but just in case:

	I know there is at least one software FPU emulator for MacOS,
called SoftFPU.  Maybe somebody could get code from the author and
just cut and paste...  I wish I had the time to do it myself.

					Chris Jones

* Chris  | "Just say 'NO!' to entropy!"                                  *
*  Jones |                                                               *