Subject: Upgrade woas
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Edward Wolpert <wolpert@neon.chem.utk.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/01/1994 22:02:48
Netters-
	I've been using the alpha bins for a while now, but I heard of the
success (sorta) of the new beta stuff.  (I also know 1.0 should be released
soon) I re-installed MacBSD with the latest.  (I actually downloaded the files
a while ago, but had more success with the alpha, I went back to it...)  I
figure I'd do some testing of my own, while I await for the 1.0.  I made sure
I upgraade to the latest stuff, including dt et al.  (And using the latest
Kernels.)
	Now I admit, I wasn't really reading the list too much recently, but
I do remember seeing someone with the same problem as me.  I've got an
SE/30, (5mb ram, 180MB harddrive for UNIX, CD-ROM, external 8-bit monitor
with Excede color card, running in 1 bit when using macbsd.)  My problem is
when the computer is booting, right after the 'tty flags' comes up, it dies.
(It prints two more lines, with ser0 and ser1 at the start of each, and a
bunch of stuff after.)  If I go into single user mode, it runs fine for a bit,
then starts line-feeding without stopping.  So it goes...
	I know this has been said before, but I don't remember what others
said.... please email me (wolpert@utk.edu) any info you have, even if it's just
'wait a few days for 1.0'  Thanks.  (Worse comes to worse, I can reinstall
Alpha ;-)
		Virtually,
		Edward Wolpert

wolpert@utk.edu            | System Administrator       | "No, sorry, there's
wolpert@osti.rmt.utk.edu   | Systems Programmer         |  nothing to be
pa153568@utkvm1.utk.edu	   | Graduate Chemistry Student |  done about it."
I'm  sorry, but Godot isn't here today. Perhaps if you came back tomorrow...
 home page