Subject: Question about Centis 650?
To: macbsd-general <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Peter Siebold <psiebold@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 08/01/1994 18:05:32
This may be inappropriate, but alas, I would be using it for MacBSD
stuff.  Does anyone know if the Centris 650 ever had a 68LC040 in it, or
do all of them have the true 68040?  If it is the 68lc040, is it pretty
easy just to replace the cpu with the true 68040 cpu?  Or is it more
complicated than that?  I may have a chance to pick up a
Centris 650 for cheep, but I know that FPU emulator is fairly far off, so
I thought that I would ask some real EXPERTS!!

Thanks in advance for the info,		Pete

---
Peter Siebold     psiebold@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu    ___|___
When you soar among the birds WHAT do you feel?       o/ \o