Subject: Re: IIsi and IIci test kernel
To: None <lkestel@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
From: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/30/1994 15:28:10
	Interesting problem; the old kernel, which never used to boot
on my ci, gets as far as four greybars.  The netbsd.si.ci kernel,
however, hardly gets anywhere.  It gets as far as saying something
about "[ ... preserving ... ]", and then the screen fills with
vertical black and white lines.  The first pixel line of the screen
has a different pattern from the other lines, but other than that,
it's black and white lines all the way down the screen.

	As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything right.  I tried
reinstalling the .tar files (only using dev.tgz, misc.tgz, bin.tgz,
sbin.tgz) and the kernel(s), but nothing changes.

	Any ideas?

	Keep up the great work!!

					Chris Jones

--
* Chris  | "Just say 'NO!' to entropy!"                                  *