Subject: Re: has anyone used a tape drive with macbsd?
To: Ken Nakata <>
From: Brian Gaeke <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/29/1994 22:53:00
Ken Nakata wrote:
>One quick question:
>    Has anyone used a SCSI tape drive with MacBSD?
>After experiencing fs crashes several times, I'm starting seriously
>considering to buy a back-up device instead of a second Mac as a
>serial terminal.  If anyone has any experience with any tape drive,
>please share your experience.  If noone has, then I will risk
>$800... (I'm thinking of APS DAT drive)
I don't know about usage with MacBSD, but the APS DAT drives with their
fairly well-known Archive Python mechanism are really reliable,
if a bit strange-sounding.

Brian Gaeke                                  <>
  "'Involuntary' means a non-intentional act such as a hat
  blowing off or a scream resulting from a sudden wasp sting."