Subject: Re: has anyone used a tape drive with macbsd?
To: Ken Nakata <>
From: Peter Siebold <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/29/1994 12:42:54
> One quick question:
>     Has anyone used a SCSI tape drive with MacBSD?

Tried, Yes.

> After experiencing fs crashes several times, I'm starting seriously
> considering to buy a back-up device instead of a second Mac as a
> serial terminal.  If anyone has any experience with any tape drive,
> please share your experience.  If noone has, then I will risk
> $800... (I'm thinking of APS DAT drive)

Take a look at the kernal source code.  sys/arch/mac68k/dev/st.c I think
lists all the devices that are supported with NetBSD.  I tried using one
of the old Apple Tape Backups (3M MDC-40) and there was no matching
driver.  I will start playing with the kernel source to try and get it
working on this drive as soon as I get a 1.0 kernel, and source that is