Subject: Re: has anyone used a tape drive with macbsd?
To: None <,>
From: Joe Bacso <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/29/1994 11:56:47
I have a 1/4 inch tape drive on my mac, suntar is a great mac program that reads the tar format used in the 1/4 tape drives on the sun workstation I have.
However even though the macbsd kernel burring boot recognizes the tape drive at st0, I have not yet been able to get it to work, I get the error: Device not configured, or somthing like that. I thought the device files were not correct, but I was able to get the mt command to move the tape, rewind I think I tried.
 It has been a while since I tried the tape and I am going from memory.

But hey what do I expect from alpha/beta code!!!

But all things considered, so far so good. I am just happy that my old mac can finially run un*x. Thanks for the great job Alice Team!

...patiently awaiting the 1.0 release!

Joe Bacso