Subject: Re: fsck -p FAIL multiple times again?
To: None <psiebold@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/20/1994 19:06:46
> This is my second time with this problem.  The first time I had to Mkfs
> and reformated my root&user partition and completely reinstalled.  What
> happens is that when I boot single user, and mount -u / and then fsck -p
> I get this error.

You shouldn't mount -u / and _then_ fsck the root.  You should boot
single-user, then fsck.  Basic rule, "never fsck a mounted volume."
Since you can't do that with root, that's modified to be, "never fsck
a volume that's mounted r/w."

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===