Subject: Re: MacBSD and Duo230
To: Herue Bertacchi <kenroy@menger.eecs.stevens-tech.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/20/1994 18:34:53
> Duo 230

It doesn't work on the Duos, yet.

> 68030 - no FPU

It requires an FPU, still.

> Does MacBSD works right on this computer?
> or should I wait for a new release of MacBSD?

You should wait...

> I have already got the tar files of MacBSD and I tried to boot
> from MacOS (using booter 1.1 and the kernel netbsd-071194. It crash
> during the boot. But I think that booting from MacOS is not possible
> since MacBSD uses its own file system. So, I guess I don't have to
> worry about this crash.

Not true.  The MacOS boot option tells the booter to open the kernel
file and read it in from the MacOS.  The default is for it to read the
kernel in from the NetBSD partition.  The booter understands both
filesystems (one by using the Mac's HFS calls, the other from our own
code).

I am sorry, but you will have to wait.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===