Subject: Re: MacBSD on Duo 270c
To: David Avraamides <avraad@qsss08.eq.gs.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/19/1994 18:44:18
> I've just copied the newest (?) files for MacBSD
> (BETA-1 et. al. off of cray-ymp...) and I was
> going to try installing it on my Duo 270c this
> evening. Has anyone tried this? Should I wait
> for newer releases?

You might be better off waiting for the next release.
Which PB is the 270?  Is that one of the new blackbirds, or is that
an older, '030 model?  I don't recall that number...  The ADB will
almost certainly not work, and rest is questionable.  If that's a
blackbird, it's probably got the LC040 which means it ain't got no
FPU (sic).  Without an FPU, you're outta luck until we get a working
emulator.

That said, I'll answer some of your other questions.

>    100MB - Macintosh partition
>    124MB - A/UX root&usr slice 0
>     16MB - A/UX swap slice 1

This looks pretty good--that should give you a good bit of
spare room for BSD.

> won't fit on a 1.44MB floppy. Is there a better way to
> do this?

The installer should handle multiple pieces.  The 1.0 dist should be
much better about this and a lot of other things...

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===