Subject: IIvx status
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Alan Halverson <alanh@halcyon.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/19/1994 01:23:22
What is the current status of IIvx support for MacBSD?  I noticed that the
new kernel (071194) is listed as potentially working on the IIvx.

If it does run, next question.  While attempting to install the necessary
.tar files (dev.tar.gz first, as listed in the FAQ), I get a number of
chmod: file not found errors in misc.tar.gz.  Also, I get fstat errors (no
such file) when doing as ls from the Mac side installer.

I've got a list of things that go wrong that is a mile long.  Maybe someone
could recommend one of these two options:

1) Try to get this working now.  (I'd like this option - anyone successful
in getting this going on a IIvx?)

2) Wait for the MacBSD 1.0 release.  (Is this supposed to support IIvx?)

Thanks for any and all help ...

Alan Halverson
alanh@halcyon.com