Subject: Re: Newbie booting problem
To: Nayan Hajratwala <nh10@cornell.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/13/1994 18:13:38
> I just realized that i might have another problem.. Upon dowloading the
> kernel from new_kernels, i noticed that it was in .gz format, not .tar.gz
> or .tgz or something.  So How am i supposed to install it using installer?

You're not, necessarily.  In the recent versions of the installer, you
can simply boot from the file under MacOS.  You can copy the file in
directly with the cpin command in the installer.  Cmd: "cpin netbsd netbsd"

> BTW, i used the netbsd-012394.gz kernel... should i be using that one or
> the newwest one, or is the newest one only for the vx port?

Try the newest.  Try the 012394.  Use whichever works, or wait for 1.0.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===