Subject: Re: New Kernel hangs on IIvx
To: Joe Bacso <jbacso@cadence.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/09/1994 17:32:37
> The bootup goes through the grey bars _much_ faster than the beta1 kernel.

The reason for this is that I took out the delay loops that were in the
gray_bar code.  I did this because I hadn't seen any problems in a looong
time where a reboot kept you from counting the gray_bars.

> Is there any way to control the console font size?
> In this kernel it was smaller.

???  What do you mean?  The standard font size is what used to be the
standard se/30 font size.  If you were using your other monitor as the
boot screen, then, yes, I suppose the newer font size will be smaller.
Lawrence mentioned that he had plans for being able to specify a font
for the dt code.  That'll take an X pcf font, I think.  There are ways
to get such a font from mac fonts...

> because of a missing file adbsys.h which I could not find any where

This is in the latest kernel sources--available from sun-lamp or
mirrors in the directory src/sys/arch/mac68k/dev.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===