Subject: Re: Scoop on IIvx setup.
To: None <psiebold@cymbal.aix.calpoly.edu,>
From: Bharat S. Jhaveri <bjhaveri@Arco.COM>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/08/1994 11:34:27
>        I would first try and boot the IIvx with the card in it.  I don't
>        think that the IIvx will boot without a card period, even if the
>        monitor is not hooked up.  My suggestion is to put the nubus card
>        in the IIvx, and hook up the monitor to the IIci, which has
>        internal video and will work with MacOS.  Let me know how it
>        works.
>
>                Pete

Well I was successful. The IIvx boots, both from the old alpha files, and
also latest beta-1 files. Thanks for your help & encouragement.

I can now get two consoles from my IIci connected through a serial port and
yhe printer port. I use "/dev/ser0  ....std.19200 vt00 on secure" and
 "/dev/ser1 ....std.19200 vt100 on secure". But this limits me two two
consoles. I would really like to free the printer port, and use only modem
port for slip connection. I spent a whole day yesterday, but could not set
up my IIvx as a slip host. Can you or someone help me, how to set up host
IP address for IIvx, and slip IP address for IICi (I use NCSA Telnet on
IIci for the time being), where do I type " slattach -h  -s 19200
/dev/ser0" etc. I tried to follow man pages on ifconfig, slattach,
sliplogin, created a bunch of /etc/*** files, but no success. I can not
even ping and get packets returned.

Thanks for any help. If slip can be set up on IIvx, that will really help
till adb problems are resolved (they may already be in netbsd-070894
kernel.

Sincerely:
Bharat S. Jhaveri
bjhaveri@arco.com