Subject: Re: Van Jacobson compression with slattach?
To: None <dxc4@po.cwru.edu>
From: Lawrence Kesteloot <lk@milquetoast.engr.sgi.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/08/1994 00:27:56
> Anybody know if there is any way to use Van Jacobson compression (header
> compression) with a SLIP connection under MacBSD?

If this is the standard header compression, then yes, you can.  Unless
I'm horribly mistaken, it should auto-detect for compression.  I think
you can modify this behavior with the link0, ... arguments to an ifconfig
command.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===