Subject: Motrola literatures (Was Re: What doesn't work on a IIsi)
To: None <briggs@mail.vt.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kxn3796@hertz.njit.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/07/1994 16:36:56
   From: briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us (Allen Briggs)
   Date: Thu, 7 Jul 1994 14:44:43 -0400 (EDT)

   >  Yes, there's some kind of fpu emulator in the works however.

   Actually, there isn't any active work on this, and it would be extremely
   useful.  Is there anyone who can work on it?  With a little bit of
   creativity, you should be able to work on this w/o a BSD system.

Actually, I've been thinking of the stuff for a while.

But I have some problem to get the literature I need.  I guess all I
need is _Programmer's Reference Manual_ (or M68000PM/AD by their doc#)
but Motorola's phone numbers I have don't seem to work for me...

I tried all their Literature Distribution Center (602-994-6561/
800-521-6274) and University Support Program (602-952-3855) numbers
but noone there seemed to want to answer my call in a reasonable
amount of time, and the 800 line was always busy.

If any one of you know better ways to reach them or
bookstores/whatever in NYC/NJ area who carry and sell the manual,
I really appreciate your help.

Btw, please help me when I actually get to work on it, because I
definitely will have difficulties to write codes to handle FPU related
exceptions.  The calculation part is a bunch of bit operations, so
it's not the hardest part, I guess.

Ken