Subject: Re: Any luck with the VX ?
To: Lawrence Kesteloot <lk@milquetoast.engr.sgi.com>
From: Chris Kush <csk@laputa.eecs.nwu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/07/1994 10:26:47

> > Just wondering how close the VX port is to being released.
>
> Um.  Maybe I should try to clarify the issue.
>
> There is no IIvx port.  We're not even working on one.

	Wow.  Someone should have clarified that issue a *lot* sooner.

	The FAQ specifically says that a IIvx port will be ready about two
months from April 19.  Whenever anyone (including me) whines about when the
IIvx will be working, we generally get a near-apologetic answer and a
statement about progress on the ABD and (sometimes) video problems.

	I won't bore you about how tiresome my IIvx has become, how I searched
in vain for Linux, MacMach, any sort of RealOS for this machine.  I really
wanted MacBSD.  I posted earlier that I was interested in working on both HFS
and X11.  I still am.  I'll do anything (short of shipping you my machine)
within my power to get MacBSD running on my machine.

	Chris 'ah, crud' Kush