Subject: What doesn't work on a IIsi
To: None <>
From: Timothy M. Aldrich <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/07/1994 07:38:47
The FAQ mentions that the IIsi is not yet supported (officially).  My
question is, what isn't supported?  Where are the hardships with this machine?

I realize that the internal video is a problem, but with a NuBus adapter
board and a video card plugged in doesn't that remove that problem?

I also assume that MacBSD will requiring a math co-processor, correct?

In case you haven't figured it out, I own a IIsi (9 MB RAM, NuBus adapter
card with math co-processor, Apple NuBus video card).  I am very interested
in trying to get MacBSD to run on it (although I will probably have to
purchase yet another hard drive, thank goodness for 7 devices on SCSI :) but
I don't want to try the install unless there is a fair chance of it
working...  I assume that the IIci and IIsi are fairly closely related
machines and if one works then the other should also... True?

Any info would be appreciated...
Tim Aldrich                           Naval Surface Warfare Center
Software Engineer, AMES Simulator     Dahlgren Division, Code N52           Dahlgren Building 405
Phone: (703) 663-6250  Fax: x6255     Dahlgren, Virginia  22448-5000