Subject: Re: download conversion
To: None <laporte@sol.acs.uwosh.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kxn3796@hertz.njit.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/03/1994 16:13:44
   Date: Sun, 3 Jul 94 02:49:31 CDT
   From: laporte@sol.acs.uwosh.edu (Michael J. Laporte )
   Sender: owner-macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu

   I just downloaed all the binaries from hulk from the beta-0 directory
   and they all have the *.tgz format..does anyone know of a utility
   it handle this type of file?  I have stuffit deluxe and I cant fdind
   a way to do it..thakns

Looks like this should go into the FAQ list? :) Anyway, .tgz means
GZipped Tar files.  Gzip is GNU Zip utility and there's a Mac port
called MacGzip.  You will find it at any major ftp sites such as
mac.archive.umich.edu and its mirrors.  Tar is one of the most common
programs in the Unix world to archive/dearchive files but you don't
have to worry about it; the Installer handles the format.

Hope this helps.

Ken