Subject: Re: errors on boot
To: Michael J. Laporte <laporte@sol.acs.uwosh.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 07/02/1994 07:25:14
> MacBSD Virtual Console Num 1
> panic: kernel jump to zero
> Syncing disks . . . done

Seen this before.  Don't know what caused it, but I haven't seen it in
quite a while...  I've only seen this when using csh and logging out of
the shell (!?)

> can anyone help me with the device errors and kernel jump to zer?

The device errors are because you installed the dev files with an old
installer or are using an old kernel with dev files installed with a
newer installer.  If you want gory details, e-mail me.  If you want to
fix it, use the latest installer to do the install, and use a Jan. or
later kernel.  What files did you install from and where did you get
them?

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===