Subject: Re: praise
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: James Hill <jamesh@161.33.28.1>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/23/1994 06:40:35
In message <9406222232.AA16524@spef8.spef.syr.ge.com> Kevin Wilson 315-456-1404
writes:
> To the Mac/NetBSD team and their critics:
>
>   I would like to thank the team for their efforts.  There has been a lot
> of talk, mostly negative, (and worse in a negative tone) about the
> addition of a menu bar and other tools to the screen.  It seems to me
> that there should be more constructive ways for self proclamed experts
> to spend their time helping out in some way with the porting activity
> rather than blasting the work done to date.
>   It seems to me that the team members (espically Allen) have always been
> more than willing to answer questions from those less knoledgable and do
> it in a positive way.  No 4-letter words!  No degrading of others efforts,
> thanks guys.
>   Maybe the comments are ment constructively, but obvoiusly they haven't
> come acrost that way to everyone.  Me included.
>   I have a feeling that these self proclaimed experts are the same type I've
> run across in recent times.  The kind that don't care that you have been out
> of school for 10 years and that you may have some very significant
> accomplishments under your belt, they just want to know what your GPA was.
>   I think porting UNIX to the Mac (or any machine is a significant
> accomplishment in or out of school).  I hope you all will not let
> the negative tones get you down too much.
>
>   Thanks again and I for one am looking forward to the future releases of the
>
> Alice team.
>

> Sincerly Kevin

I would like to second the praise for Allen (being new here, I assume that he is
Allen Briggs...) who has helped me over the last week answering BUNCHES of
questions for me, an Alice newbie. His replys have been speedy, helpfull and
never condecending. Thanks Allen!

Also a thank you to Jeffrey Whitehead who provided an answer to my problem.

--JGH--

James Hill      |            IRC = Card on #ITV
jamesh@qms.com  |     CU-Seeme reflector = 161.33.3.1
QMS, Inc.       |       (now with the new reflector)
205-639-3274    |            Pax Vobiscum Amicus