Subject: Re: newbie question about booting
To: None <chen@adi.com, macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: James Hill <jamesh@161.33.28.1>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/22/1994 13:02:05
In message <9406221713.AA06569@adi.com> Franklin Chen writes:
> > The problem I have is that the booter STARTS Mac-BSD in read only. Sorta a
> > catch-22 problem, I can't use "mount -u /" to make it read/write until it
> > is
> > read/write so the boot config will work.
>
> I don't remember exactly what I did, but I ended up getting things set up by
> interrupting (ctrl-c), doing the mount, looking at /etc/rc to see what it was
> trying to do, and manually doing what it was supposed to do.  It took several
> tries; I wish I had written down what I had to do.

How do I get /dev/sd0a configured properly? It says that it doesnt match my
setup! Is it just a matter of editing etc/fstab manually? If so, what should it
say? I have read the man pages for fstab and that I can figure out..I understand
the config options but how do I determine the correct ones to use?

(muffled scream)

JGH

                 James Hill                 IRC = Card on #ITV
               jamesh@qms.com          CU-Seeme reflector = 161.33.3.1
                  QMS, Inc.              (now with the new reflector)
                205-639-3274

                              Pax Vobiscum Amicus