Subject: Re: newbie question about booting
To: None <,>
From: James Hill <jamesh@>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/22/1994 07:55:01
In message <> David Foulds writes:
> a variant of the mount command changes the mount status of an already mounted
> partition from read only to read/write.  let me look it up...
> i'm not running *bsd now, but it should be in the man page.

The problem I have is that the booter STARTS Mac-BSD in read only. Sorta a
catch-22 problem, I can't use "mount -u /" to make it read/write until it is
read/write so the boot config will work.

I tried installing the old /dev files but now the it just hangs on boot.

                 James Hill                 IRC = Card on #ITV
               CU-Seeme reflector =
                  QMS, Inc.              (now with the new reflector)

                              Pax Vobiscum Amicus