Subject: Re: newbie question about booting
To: None <foulds@netcom.com, macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: James Hill <jamesh@161.33.28.1>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/22/1994 07:55:01
In message <199406221444.HAA18928@netcom.netcom.com> David Foulds writes:
> a variant of the mount command changes the mount status of an already mounted
> partition from read only to read/write.  let me look it up...
> i'm not running *bsd now, but it should be in the man page.

The problem I have is that the booter STARTS Mac-BSD in read only. Sorta a
catch-22 problem, I can't use "mount -u /" to make it read/write until it is
read/write so the boot config will work.

I tried installing the old /dev files but now the it just hangs on boot.

AAARRRRGGGGGG!

JGH

                 James Hill                 IRC = Card on #ITV
               jamesh@qms.com          CU-Seeme reflector = 161.33.3.1
                  QMS, Inc.              (now with the new reflector)
                205-639-3274

                              Pax Vobiscum Amicus