Subject: Re: Hello and a docs question
To: None <,>
From: Brian Kendig <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 06/17/1994 10:02:21
In message <> Kevin Wilson 315-456-1404
> On June 16, 1994 James Hill Writes:
> >I have just installed MacBSD on a IIx and it seems to be booting fine. Where
> can
> >I find "good" installation and configuration docs? I have looked in the docs
> dir
> >on cray-ymp but there is not much there...should I use the docs for 386BSD?
> Which release did you install? Alpha or beta?

I installed the version in the tar_files dir....I think it is .9 but I'm not

> To Alen:
>   Have you had any luck debuging the boot problem on the 030's and 040's for
> beta-1 release??
> I've been down since I tried to upgrade.

I saw a reference to an installation manual in the works for MacBSD..could I get
an early copy? Please? The NetBSD seems to come with a "configuration" utility
to get you going once the files are installed - there doesnt appear to be such a
thing for the Mac side, correct?

> Kevin

                 James Hill                 IRC = Card on #ITV
               CU-Seeme reflector =
                  QMS, Inc.              (now with the new reflector)