Subject: MacOS side programs
To: None <>
From: CS major) < (NAKATA Ken>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/31/1994 21:05:26

I've been waiting for source distribution I can build from scratch,
but I guess I won't get it any time very soon...

So, in the meantime, I think it would be nice to improve MacOS side
programs (i.e. Installer and MKFS) as I got Symantec C++ 6.0 for
academic discount price.  Particulary I think the Installer could use
some improvements in the way it treats multiple partitions (i.e. exits
when it finds user partition but not /usr directory), and adding Apple
File Exchange style dialog for moving in/out files to it would be
nice, too (I'm a bit tired of dealing with command line interface with
no wildcard expansion).

The biggest problem is that the source is not yet made publicly
available, and (even worse?) I'm a Macintosh (or any other kind of
GUI) programming beginner 8-) (I'm not a C newbie, though).  But I
have little problem getting this relatively new knowledge (of course,
new only to me) from Mark&Reed's _Macintosh C Programming Primer_,
Vol.1, 2nd Ed. (if that helps...)

Can I help you in this field?  If you could send me the source,
uuencoded gzipped (or compressed) tarred files by email(s) would be