Subject: Re: IIvx / ADB situation
To: Chris Kush <csk@laputa.eecs.nwu.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/31/1994 16:26:47
> 	What's up with the new ADB code / compatibility with IIvx?

I'm not qualified to answer this...

> Do any C++ compilers run under MacBSD? (read: *free* c++ compilers like gcc)

Yes.  Gcc 2.4.5 is the current version.  There's been some talk about
updating, but apparently 2.5.x doesn't compile a working kernel on the
i386.  libg++ is even included as it's needed for groff ;-)

> Grunt work on X

Cool.  We're not ready for this yet, but cool ;-)

> HFS development (system programming puts() a spring in my step

Talk to Mike Finch about this if you're serious about it ;-)

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===