Subject: BETA-1
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Kevin Wilson 315-456-1404 <kevin@spef8.spef.syr.ge.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/26/1994 18:39:40
I decided to upgrade from the alpha release to the beta and am having a
problem booting.

I've checked the /dev directory looks like there are files there, /etc
has both an rc and a rc.newconfig (or something like that).  I'm using
the kernel that was part of the BETE-1 release, and booter 1.1.

My machine is a macIIx w/ 8 MBytes ram, a single / & /usr partion, and a
64 MByte swap partion.

I have tried booting every way I could thing of.  First multi-user no
gray bars, then multi-user gray bars, then single user.....
It hangs right after loading the kernel and printing the cute little
message "... So I said ..." when gray bars are on I don't get any.
That is I never get any gray bars.

The alpha releases worked fine.  (If that is any help.)

Did I leaving anything out?

Thanks.

Kevin
kevin@spef8.spef.syr.ge.com