Subject: a question
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. <gmj@crab.pha.jhu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/16/1994 17:10:55
I worship the ground you walk on for writing BSD for the Mac.

I have a IIci.

I have a small problem.  I set up 2 AUX partitions on a 245meg drive, 16
meg fro swap, and the rest for root and usr.  I then downloaded, unzipped,
and uncompressed, and installed the Beta-1 distribution (well, a good bit
of it.)  I next removed the 256k chips from bank A, put in 1M chips (so I
have a 4 meg machine.)  I removed the cache card.  I pulled the monitor
from the internal video, leavin the single monitor on the nubus card.
whew.

When I run the booter, it starts, but I get a _mac_ dialog complaining
about error 7 (dsPrivErr).

Is there anything that I am missing?  Instead of bothering you, where
should I look for info around this problem?

Thanks in advance,

geir magnusson

Geir Magnusson Jr.             |
Dept of Physics and Astronomy  |