Subject: Re: Porting a Linux-based OS to the PowerPC architecture (fwd)
To: None <hubt@umich.edu>
From: Edward Wolpert <wolpert@neon.chem.utk.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/11/1994 02:33:39
    >luck, and hope it works out for the best.  Also, I'm wondering how they are
    >compiling gcc?  Using MachTen?  Something just doesn't make sense.. Is the

   They could be compiling it on an IBM PPC, they say they've got a
   native-mode compiler, and the only ones I know of are MetroWorks
   CodeWarrior, and the IBM AIX compiler.

That's right... I forgot about the IBM PPC workstation... and since the
MacPPC is similar to it... There will still be problems, where the two
systems differ, but it is a major advantage to have a full (even if it is
AIX) UNIX on a similar platform to start with.

		Virtually,
		Edward Wolpert

wolpert@utk.edu            | System Administrator       | "No, sorry, there's
wolpert@osti.rmt.utk.edu   | Systems Programmer         |  nothing to be
pa153568@utkvm1.utk.edu	   | Graduate Chemistry Student |  done about it."
I'm  sorry, but Godot isn't here today. Perhaps if you came back tomorrow...
 home page