Subject: MacBSD in Australia? (Can't export encryption binaries.)
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Peter Yandell <bigpete@werple.apana.org.au>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/11/1994 17:59:35
I have the problem that I'd like to set up MacBSD on my SE/30, but the
team have only produced binaries with encryption code which can't
legally be exported from the US.  As far as I know, that leaves me with
no way to get a copy of the OS.

Guys: please, please, _please_ put together a distribution without
encryption.  One of you should be able to do it in an afternoon without
too much trouble, and it would be help _you_ as well.  I have a reasonable
amount of Unix experience, and would very much like to help with
debugging/porting/improvements/whatever.  And I'm sure there's a lot of
people all over the place like me.  If you release binaries without
encryption code, you should get a much bigger user base to help you
track down problems.

If I've missed something, and there is some way for me to get a copy
of this stuff legally, please don't send any flames.  A polite note
telling me where and how I can get it would be fine!  :-)

Thanks,

Pete.