Subject: Re: BETA-1?
To: None <Joseph_G_Husk@indiana.edu, macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/04/1994 21:29:40
At 04:17 PM 05/04/94 -0500, Joseph G. Husk wrote:
>Ok, I'll admit that I've been grinding this into the dirt, but I'm
>curious to know, cause I'm an idiot when it comes to recompiling kernels
>if the BETA-1 release will have a kernel that supports PPP.
>
>Otherwise, could one of the kind souls who has a Kernel that supports
>PPP please post it to one of the MacBSD archive sites?

I posted this in macbsd-development, perhaps you don't subscribe or missed it:

>I rebuilt my kernel from the sun-lamp 4/24 sys.tar file and added second
>slip and two PPP connections.  To build the kernel you also need updates to
>the /compat/sunos/= (?) files because of syntax errors.
>
>My kernel is available via anonymous ftp from umcc.umich.edu:/pub/users/jds

Sometimes the kernel drops into the debugger when you exit a shell or
shutdown the system.  Don't know what causes it yet.

--
John D. Smerdon; Plymouth, Michigan; Contents are my opinion.
Internet: jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us; UUCP: umcc!smerdon!jds