Subject: Re: thought
From: Brad Grantham Featuring 24 Hour Alarm <grantham@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/27/1994 15:17:46
> > > Has any work been done on serial console support?  It would enable
> > > folks with IIsi's to run MacBSD in the interim before the ADB support
> > > comes out, and probably make the ADB support itself easier.
> >
> > Again, it's not just the ADB.  The current CI kernel does run on the
> > SI, but it simply won't fit in the 1M hardwired RAM Bank A.  Someone is
> > going to have to dig into the initial memory mapping code in locore.s
> > and fix the code so it correctly maps discontiguous memory ranges as a
> > flat space and account for the video memory.  Once that is done, I'm
> > certain the rest of the system will arrive shortly.
> > --
> So, will it work on an si with a video card?

Not unless you think you can squeeze the system into
> the 1M hardwired RAM Bank A.

> Also, I found a few places in macweek that have IIsi's for around $300, if there
> is any chance of getting it to run on a si, it sounds like a nice setup
> could be had for small amount of cash.

Mmm.  That probably doesn't include a monitor, hard disk, or memory,
does it?

> Also, if anyone feels they can figure out what needs to be fixed with a IIsi
> I will offer the use of mine for a few weeks.

Ah.  Now that's a different thing all together.  Where are you located?

		-Brad
--
Brad Grantham, grantham@netcom.com ---------- Happily slaved to NetBSD/Mac68k!
 I think "make love, not war" is probably too extreme.  I think the sentiment