Subject: Re: How to setup a PPP link...
To: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/20/1994 12:56:59
> I have never had any luck with the Makefile that was generated.  I have
> always had linking errors.  I then copy sample.Makefile as Makefile, make
> again, and then I get a good kernel.  Where is the sample.Makefile supposed
> to be so that it is used by the config.new?

What kind of errors do you get.  The sample.Makefile is a makefile that
I generated on kitten from the config files and config.new...

> When I had slip attached to ser0 in my rc.local, the system would always
> crash with a vm_fault when a ps was entered.

This was probably caused by the change in the size of struct proc.
You'll probably have to rebuild both src/bin/ps and src/lib/libkvm to
get it to work.  If you do this, make sure that you update your include
files as well.

I might have to give ppp a try.  ;-)

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac **
= Over the years you swam the ocean following feelings of your own [...]  =
== It's a shame to have to die to put the shadow on our eyes.  We don't  ==
=== want to care. Under the bridge. Over the phone. Wind on the Water.  ===