Subject: MacBSD as a router
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Thomas Vanco <tvanco@nyx10.cs.du.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/19/1994 07:02:24
Hi,
	I'm thinking of setting up MacBSD as a router, if possible.  What
I'd like to do is route a slip IP connection (14.4K) through a IICX
running MacBSD and out through the IICX's ethernet card.  I have drivers
from a kind soul out there, but I haven't tried anything with BSD yet
until I hear from you guys that this can be done.  Is it possible to
route through Unix like I want to do?  If so, I want the oher macs on the
network running MacTCP 2.0.4 to be able to access the Internet through
the IICX If this can't be done, please tell me now.

	Thanks a whole lot,
		Tom Vanco
Thomas Vanco                     Founder/Owner/Manager of Millenium Software
Internet: tvanco@nyx.cs.du.edu   Administrator of South Brunswick High School's
CompuServe: 71534,1442           Internet Services (Still under development)
      Proud Member of the Confederation for Future Computer Professionals
        Macintosh guru, Pascal programmer, self-proclaimed Unix Wizard
                          Communications Professional