Subject: very very basic question
To: None <macbsd-general@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Stephane Boyera <Stephane.Boyera@sophia.inria.fr>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/18/1994 09:55:13
hello macbsd users !

i've tried this week-end to install macbsd on my se30, but i didn't succeed !
why ? perhaps, i'm brain-damaged but i couldn't uncompress files !! yes, i've got
all files, but i was incapable to uncompress .cpt.bin files !! i used binhex 5.0
--> no problem and i got compactpro document. but compactpro1.34 was not able to
decompress such documents. i've tried twice to download files from different
servers (always in binary) but always the same result : compactpro begin to
uncompress the file and suddenly stops and says something like "file damaged or
format not compatible"
what is the problem ? please help me..........

thanks in advance

Steph.