Subject: Re: Initial problems
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
From: David C. Doherty <doherty@msc.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/14/1994 07:17:54
At 11:28 PM 4/13/94 -0400, Allen Briggs wrote:
>> Finally, I discovered that the installation was lacking
>> the directory "netbsd."
>
>Actually, that's the kernel, a file, not a directory ;-)  If you
>move the kernel that you're booting to netbsd, everyone should be
>happy.

Just a quick observation: there is no mention of downloading the kernel
in either the README or the FAQ (this happened to me too - I figured
that it was in one of the tar files ;-).  I think that I read
that there's a new installation "manual" in the works. Whoever is
writing it might want to take note of this oversight.

While I'm here, would someone (who has one) mind uploading a ps that
works with latest kernel in the kernels directory?  I downloaded the
ps source from one of the net/bsd sites, and it was missing a library
(name escapes me at the moment) in the loading phase, and I was unable to
figure out where that might be.  thanks.

Dave Doherty

---
David C. Doherty
Minnesota Supercomputer Center, Inc.