Subject: Re: uucp,POP and MacBSD
To: John Cargill-Ek <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/07/1994 09:57:26
> Is there enbody out there sucessfully using MacBSD with UUCP and POP3?

Some people are having problems with UUCP.  I am running a POP client
over SLIP...  Haven't tried the server.

> Is it posible to run MacDSD on the original MacII without PMMU?

No, but MacLSD runs fine.  Unfortunately, it suffers from the flashback

Seriously, BSD really does require the '020 + PMMU, '030, or '040.
Getting around that would be a pain in the rear and might not even
be possible without serious limitations.

Allen Briggs         Find the cost of freedom / Buried in the ground
- end                Mother Earth will swallow you / Lay your body down
      killing -          ***** MacBSD == NetBSD/Mac *****